Cumbe is excited to bring together, under one roof, classes that reflect the wide range of dance and drumming from Africa and its diaspora. Our classes will include rhythms from:
- Different countries and regions in Africa, including Senegal, Guinea and South Africa
- The Caribbean, including Cuba and Haiti
- South America, including Colombia and Brazil
- North American styles, including swing and hip hop
We will also have early morning and lunchtime fitness classes with a global groove.
Cumbe will have classes for all ages, from infants to adults! These will include:
- classes for adults in the morning, at lunchtime and in the evenings during the week, as well as during the day on Saturday and Sunday
- classes for younger children and their caregivers, as well as drop-off classes for children in pre-K during the day
- an afterschool program for school-age children, from kindergarten all the way through high school
- intergenerational classes for older children and their families
Our classes will be held in a beautiful, newly renovated space centrally located near the intersection of Flatbush Avenue and Fulton Street. Our space has two light-filled dance studios with wooden sprung floors, a smaller music room, locker rooms with showers for women and men, and a comfortable waiting area.
Click here to read about the fabulous teachers that will teach at Cumbe!